The days are getting longer and warmer, which means it won’t be long before summer arrives. If you’re dreading the change in seasons because you’re worried about how it might affect the temperature of your home, you should consider window film. Below, we’ve shared our recommendations for the best home window film for heat rejection in Denver. Continue reading »
3M Thinsulate for a Warmer Winter HomeNovember 2, 2022 in Aggrigate, Energy Efficient Window Tinting, UV Protection Tint
As soon as the temperature drops, all we want to do is stay indoors where it’s warm! And, of course, as a homeowner, your primary concern becomes making sure that your home is comfortable for you and your family. The good news is that there are plenty of affordable options to keep your home insulated against the cold – one of which is 3M Thinsulate window film technology. Not only does this invisible film have excellent insulation properties, but it also comes with a host of other benefits too.
3M for Winter Insulation in Denver
3M Thinsulate window film increases a home’s insulation significantly, sometimes more than three panes of glass. Not to mention, 3M Thinsulate window film provides the benefits premium window tinting offers without changing the windows’ appearance. So whether you live in Denver or in the country, your home will be more comfortable and have improved energy efficiency–without sacrificing style.
3M for Powerful Heat Rejection in Denver
Not only is 3M Thinsulate the perfect winter window film, but it also cuts down on energy costs in summer. If you live in a climate with heated and cooled air, roughly 30% of that treated air escapes out your windows. However, by using 3M Thinsulate technology, you can save money and be comfortable no matter the season!
3M for Blocking UV in Denver
The UV rays in Denver are very harsh! This means that people need to be protected from the sun even while they are inside their homes. Not only that, but UV rays also cause fading of furniture. 3M Thinsulate window film blocks the harmful UV rays that cause fading and UV-related disease. This makes it an excellent all-around window tinting choice for any home.
You can find out more about 3M Thinsulate window film or another one of our top-quality window films by contacting us today.
Energy Costs Through the Roof? Window Tinting for Your Denver Home Can Help!June 17, 2022 in Aggrigate, Energy Efficient Window Tinting, Residential Window Film
There’s nothing worse than that sinking feeling you get from a high utility bill. No matter what you do to try to curb your energy use – programming your thermostat, turning off the lights when they’re not in use, etc. – nothing seems to work. And each month you’re left with a utility bill that’s through the roof. But what if there was a way you could cut back on your expenses – a solution that ACTUALLY worked?! Well, there is! Window tinting for your Denver home can help you save tons of money on energy costs! Here’s how. Continue reading »
Get Ready for the Summer Heat with Window Film for Your Denver HomeApril 26, 2022 in Aggrigate, Energy Efficient Window Tinting, Residential Window Film
Many people move to Denver because they love nature and the outdoors. Therefore, homeowners tend to install large windows to enjoy the beautiful surroundings. However, as stunning as the views may be, big windows can cause a problem in terms of energy efficiency, especially during the summer! This is why window films are a necessary and viable solution for Denver homes. Continue reading »
3 Reasons to Install 3M Thinsulate Window Film for Denver HomesJanuary 16, 2022 in Aggrigate, Energy Efficient Window Tinting
For properties located in cold climate areas, energy challenges can cause significant utility bills in order to maintain a warm, comfortable indoor temperature. The Department of Energy actually estimates that about 30% of your heating efforts are lost through the windows and glass doors. In order to combat this challenge, finding an effective energy-saving solution for your windows is a must. When it comes to improving the energy consumption in your Denver home, 3M Thinsulate delivers an incredibly effective window film solution that any residence can take advantage of. Here are three reasons why you should install this window film product in your home.
The Benefits of 3M Thinsulate Window Film for Your Denver Home
- Winter insulation: 3M Thinsulate is a window film series designed to provide a thick layer of insulation for your existing glass windows and doors. The insulating technology helps keep all heating efforts inside of your home, helping improve HVAC consumption and maintain comfort.
- Cooling advantages: In addition to providing energy savings during the winter months, 3M Thinsulate also helps keep cooling efforts in during the summer. This provides great year-round savings perfect for properties that experience both cold and warm temperatures.
- UV protection: 3M Thinsulate window film also delivers UV blocking technology for superior fade protection. Keep your home and valuables free from fading, discoloration, and more. UV protection also offers health benefits, helping minimize the risk of overexposure to UV radiation.
Work With Denver’s Top 3M Window Film Expert
Denver Home Window Tinting is proud to be the top 3M window film expert serving the state of Colorado. We’ve helped residences throughout the area find the right energy efficiency solutions for their needs. Our team can also provide energy audits and LEED certification information for commercial projects. For more information regarding 3M Thinsulate window film for your home, please contact us!
Does Home Window Tinting/Film Work During the Winter in Denver?January 6, 2022 in Aggrigate, Energy Efficient Window Tinting, Residential Window Film
You’ve heard all about the summer benefits of window film, but what about the winter benefits? Window films are well known for their heat, glare, and UV blocking abilities. They’re a great way to make your home more comfortable and save money on energy costs. But what about the wintertime? Are there any winter benefits of investing in window film for your home?
At Denver Home Window Tinting, we understand that not everyone may be familiar with the full scope of window film products on the market or their benefits. Window film technology has progressed tremendously in the past few years and today there are literally thousands of different types of window film that homeowners can choose from. That’s why we’ve taken it upon ourselves to elaborate on this matter. Below, we’ve discussed the wintertime benefits of window film for your Denver home. Continue reading »
Heat Control Window Film: Everything Denver Homeowners Need to KnowJune 18, 2021 in Aggrigate, Energy Efficient Window Tinting, Residential Window Film
Summer is a beautiful time of year. But let’s face it, there’s one aspect of summer that’s not so great: the toll it takes on your home energy bill. In the U.S., the average family spends over $2,000 on utility costs each year. And a great deal of that expense is acquired during the summer, when HVAC units have to work harder and run longer than usual. Continue reading »
Does Energy Efficient Window Film Save Denver Homes Money?December 17, 2020 in Aggrigate, Energy Efficient Window Tinting
One question we get a lot from Denver homeowners is–does window tint really save me money? The answer is–in our experience and that of all of our customers–yes. There are also many studies showing that window film puts money back in people’s pockets each year– and as little as three years. Not only does window film save you money, but there are also three ways it does so. In order to better understand all the ways window film will help your Denver home be more efficient and save you money.
The three ways energy-efficient window film saves homeowners money
- Energy Efficient Window Film Saves Homeowners on Heating and Cooling Bills: Owning a home is costly. As any homeowner knows, there is always something that needs to be updated that will cost money. So, saving on utility bills saves you money for other repairs and improvements. Energy-efficient window film which drastically reduces solar heat gain– lower cooling bills. It also increases insulation– lowering heating bills. In fact, it could save you up to 15% on your utility bills each year and also qualify you for tax rebates. Best of all, it has a quick ROI–paying for itself in as little as three years!
- Energy Efficient Window Films Saves Homeowners on HVAC Repairs: Repairs to heating and cooling systems are incredibly expensive. So not putting too much strain on your HVAC systems is a good idea. When heated and cooled air escapes out untreated windows it causes these systems to work harder. When heating and cooling systems are overworked, they simply break down faster. This means more frequent and costly repairs. When you have energy-efficient window film installed, it also reduces the load on your HVAC system–saving you on these repairs.
- Energy Efficient Window Film Saves Homeowners on Lighting Bills: Most energy-efficient window films are designed to save you money by insulating or reducing solar heat gain. There are, however, window films engineered to manipulate sunlight too. These films, called daylight redirecting films, Have the added benefit of cutting back on lighting costs. This reduces the need for light inside your building by sending sunlight deeper inside your structure. This saves you even more money in lighting bills.
Here at Denver Home Window Tinting, we carry numerous energy-efficient films from those that cut back on glare to those that read direct sunlight further into your Denver home. Contact us to schedule a free on-site estimate for your home and start saving today!
Save Money in Denver with 3M Thinsulate Window FilmOctober 20, 2020 in Aggrigate, Energy Efficient Window Tinting
Are you shopping for window film for your Denver home in preparation for what has been predicted to be a long cold winter? Or maybe you are sick of high energy bills year-round–which are common in a city like Denver. Regardless of why you are looking to window tinting to solve your home’s energy problems, —3M Thinsulate should be a consideration. While many of the window films in our catalog of products are great for energy savings–3M Thinsulate is a tried and true brand, one made by a leader in the window film industry (3M) known for cutting edge money-saving window film technology.
The Money Saving Benefits Of 3M Thinsulate
3M Thinsulate is our go-to window film for Denver clients that come to us looking for a way to save money. Why? Because it is designed to save homeowners, like yourself, cut down on energy use and therefore energy costs.
3M Thinsulate does this by:
- Works as effectively in the summer as it does in the winter
- Reduces cooling bills in the hot Denver summers
- Insulates the glass of windows to keep heated and cooled air inside
- Lowers heat transfer from the outside of a homecoming in
- Reduces load on heating and cooling systems
- Lowers the need for HVAC system repairs
All of this adds up to less money coming out of your pocket each month to pay for heating and/or cooling. In fact, Thinsulate lowers energy bills by up to 10%. This means for many, 3M Thinsulate pays for itself in less than 3 years.
Here at Denver Home Window Tinting, we recommend many window films for various applications. In the instance of home energy-savings, 3M Thinsulate is among the very best and one we endorse time and time again. Contact us today to learn more about this film and others that are proven to save Denver homeowners money!
8 Ways to Save the Most Money on Utilities During A Heat-WaveJuly 17, 2020 in Aggrigate, Energy Efficient Window Tinting
This summer in Denver is a real scorcher. As it were, we are all spending a lot more time at home too. These two factors have probably been driving your home cooling bills through the roof. Believe us–you are not alone! This is why we at Denver Home Window Tinting made an exhaustive list on how to save the most money on cooling as possible during these trying times.
- Keep an Eye on Your Thermostat: In the heat of the summer–it is important to keep a close eye on your thermostat if you have central a/c. A 78-degree setting is actually the best setting when it comes to your Denver home being energy efficient. In fact, this will save you 20% over a lower 72-degree setting!
- Use Fans in Every Room: If you are setting your thermostat to 78-degrees, you still may want the interior of your home a bit cooler. Using fans in every room possible works the same way as wind chill–it lowers the feel of the ambient temperature dramatically.
- Open the Windows: You don’t want to open your windows in the heat of the day and let out the air you paid to cool. But after an evening storm or on one of our cool Denver nights–a fan and an open window will cost you less than running the a/c.
- Stop Using Incandescent Light Bulbs: Although incandescent lights only generate a little bit of heat–every small corner you can cut will save you money on cooling bills during the summer. Using LED cuts back on ambient heat and use less electricity overall.
- Lower the Use of Heat Generating Appliances: Dryers, ovens, dishwashers and even microwaves all release heat into your Denver home. During the summer, you will save money on cooling simply by doing something everyone loves (and is delicious) throwing food on the outdoor barbeque as much as possible.
- Maintain Your Cooling Equipment: A/C and central air units both work harder when filters are clogged or covered. dust and grime. Cleaning your units frequently and making sure repairs are done can cut cooling costs by 10-15%.
- Have Window Film Installed: One of the best ways to lower cooling bills in the summer and save loads of cash in the winter too–is by having energy-efficient window film for your Denver home. It has a slew of other benefits that come along with it too–read about those in our window film benefits blog here.
- Keep Curtains and Shades Closed: While window film is fantastic for lower cooling bills and reducing heat in your home, Keeping curtains and shades drawn on any window will further reduce solar heat gain–especially on these 100 degree days we are seeing lately in Denver
While it will take each of the strategies to save the most money on your utilities in the heat of the Denver summer–window film is likely one of the most effective of all of these solutions. Contact us here at Denver Home Window Tinting for more details and to get pricing.