You’ve heard all about the summer benefits of window film, but what about the winter benefits? Window films are well known for their heat, glare, and UV blocking abilities. They’re a great way to make your home more comfortable and save money on energy costs. But what about the wintertime? Are there any winter benefits of investing in window film for your home?
At Denver Home Window Tinting, we understand that not everyone may be familiar with the full scope of window film products on the market or their benefits. Window film technology has progressed tremendously in the past few years and today there are literally thousands of different types of window film that homeowners can choose from. That’s why we’ve taken it upon ourselves to elaborate on this matter. Below, we’ve discussed the wintertime benefits of window film for your Denver home. Continue reading »
When you think of insulation for your Denver area home–the first thing that comes to mind is usually cold weather. The winters here can get frigid–and this is when most people come to us for insulating films. However, what many people don’t realize is- window film offers year-round benefits such as protection from glare and UV rays, and more. This means having window film installed is just as useful in every season. Plus, there are a ton of other benefits for Denver homeowners.
Additional Benefits of Insulating Window Film
Besides keeping heated air in during the summer, window film keeps cooled air trapped during the winter. This adds up to a lot of benefits for homes with this amazing technology applied.
Year-round savings with window film: One of the most significant benefits of window film is that it will save you money in utility bills. Not only does this mean more savings every month, but also a decreased chance for your HVAC system to break down and need costly repairs! Furthermore, it could be used for savings in the form of green tax credits.
Better security with window film: Window films are an added layer of protection against crimes like break-ins. They keep glass stuck together after it’s been shattered. This means thieves will move on rather than risk attracting attention and having the authorities arrive. It also gives a level of protection against flying glass due to natural disasters.
More Home Comfort With Window Film: Window film can be a game-changer for your home’s comfort. It acts as insulation, trapping heated and cooled air inside to eliminate pesky hot or cold spots that make homes uncomfortable year-round. This means you’ll never have rooms too hot in the summer or winter again.
For more information or pricing on window film for your Denver home, contact us today.
Window film is a great cost-friendly solution for upgrading your windows and improving the energy efficiency of your home. From UV protection to lower cooling bills, privacy, and less glare, there are many benefits to be gained. Nevertheless, when making changes to your home, you want to be sure that you’re making the right decision.
One of the most common questions we get from our customers in Denver is, if I install window film can I remove or replace it later on? Below, we’ve discussed this matter in detail. Continue reading »
There are lots of perks that come from living in a city like Denver. You have access to some of the best hiking trails and ski resorts in the world. When you’re downtown, you can find good restaurants and coffee shops on every corner. And when you can’t get to the mountains, there are tons of parks you can visit to hangout with friends or enjoy a picnic. The only downside of living in the Mile High City is increased UV exposure.
UV rays can destroy furniture, flooring, and artwork in a blink of an eye and leave your home décor looking like its years older than it actually is. That’s why you need UV blocking window film for your Denver home. With UV blocking window film, you can enjoy the beautiful views around your home without worrying about the consequences of the sun. Continue reading »
Summer is a beautiful time of year. But let’s face it, there’s one aspect of summer that’s not so great: the toll it takes on your home energy bill. In the U.S., the average family spends over $2,000 on utility costs each year. And a great deal of that expense is acquired during the summer, when HVAC units have to work harder and run longer than usual. Continue reading »
Working from home has its pros and cons. On one hand, it’s nice to hang out in your sweatpants all day and not have to worry about driving in traffic. On the other hand, it can be challenging to stay productive with so many distractions around you. Continue reading »
One of the most frequent questions we get here at Denver Home Window Tinting is about the life of window tinting–how long it will stay on windows. This information is important for those who want to accurately calculate the potential ROI. As it stands–window film is a very durable product. One that will likely last 10 years or more depending on some factors that influence the duration of window film on windows.
Factors That Influence the Life of Window Film
- The Location of the Film: Window film is great to curb intense sun exposure–for years. But it is important to understand that in high altitude areas, like Denver, or on windows that get a lot of sun (those that face south or west) window film will wear down faster. These windows will need window tinting replacement before others. But remember–the windows that need film are the exact ones that are earning you the most ROI through energy savings.
- The Quality of the Film: When it comes to solar films, polyester films are affordable and work relatively well in residential applications. However, they are not nearly as resistant to damage from scratches as more expensive films–therefore won’t last as long. Ceramic window films are more expensive and therefore more durable. The fact of the matter is nearly every window film at a higher price point will be of better quality. Most likely, the more you spend per foot–the longer lifespan and/or warranty.
- The Skill of the Installer: You could try to DIY your window tinting on your Denver home windows. But be warned– it will probably mean a shorter lifespan and a lot of work for you. You will likely get some bubbling too. More importantly, this process nulls the warranty too. In the long run, doing it yourself ends up with expensive consequences. By hiring a professional (one that is approved by the window film brand manufacturer) you ensure the correct adhesion and a flawless look. Also, you will likely get two warranties–installer and manufacturer.
For more information on window films and their warranties–contact us today.
You’ve probably worked hard to make sure that your home is safe and secure. Perhaps you’ve invested in some heavy duty locks for your entry doors or maybe you’ve gone a step further by having a home security system installed. Continue reading »
When you live in a big city like Denver, it’s easy to forget how much nature really impacts our lives. You’re far away from the wilderness, surrounded by big buildings and skyscrapers. On a day to day basis, nature has little impact on the way you live. That is, until a big storm hits.
Continue reading »
Window film is still on the up and coming– it’s not necessarily common knowledge for most. When homeowners and business owners start looking into window film, they are often bombarded with an overwhelming section of window film products. So, is all window film the same? What should consumers be looking for? There are so many different applications, types, manufacturers, and benefits that customers will need to understand before finding the right product for their property. Here is a window film guide for beginners:
Window Film Guide for Denver Residential and Commercial Properties
- Window film applications: Window film can be applied architecturally and on vehicles. The majority of window film has to be applied to windows or glass. However, there are exterior buildings wraps and surface films that can be applied to brick and other smooth, nonporous surfaces.
- Window film material: Most window film is made from polyester but some manufacturers produce metalized films and ceramic films. The material of your film is important in regards to aesthetics and effectiveness– metalized films will have a reflective look.
- Window film manufacturers: Each manufacturer has their own various product lines with different features and benefits. Working with a window film contractor can help you choose the best option for your property.
- Window film benefits: Window film benefits can include energy conservation, privacy, decorative, UV protection, daylight redirecting, glare reduction, safety and security, and much more.
Work with Denver’s Window Film Guide Experts
Denver Home Window Tinting is proud the be the window film guide experts serving the Denver metro area. Window film can provide the benefits you need for a better functioning property. We’re happy to help you navigate all the different window film products available in today’s market.
For more information regarding our window film guide for Denver homes and businesses, please contact us!