Marketing has to be one of the most difficult parts of running a business. It’s also one of the most important. You need marketing in order to spread the word about your business and get noticed by your target audience. At the same time, figuring out what marketing solutions to invest in isn’t always easy. Continue reading »
Save Money in Denver with 3M Thinsulate Window FilmOctober 20, 2020 in Aggrigate, Energy Efficient Window Tinting
Are you shopping for window film for your Denver home in preparation for what has been predicted to be a long cold winter? Or maybe you are sick of high energy bills year-round–which are common in a city like Denver. Regardless of why you are looking to window tinting to solve your home’s energy problems, —3M Thinsulate should be a consideration. While many of the window films in our catalog of products are great for energy savings–3M Thinsulate is a tried and true brand, one made by a leader in the window film industry (3M) known for cutting edge money-saving window film technology.
The Money Saving Benefits Of 3M Thinsulate
3M Thinsulate is our go-to window film for Denver clients that come to us looking for a way to save money. Why? Because it is designed to save homeowners, like yourself, cut down on energy use and therefore energy costs.
3M Thinsulate does this by:
- Works as effectively in the summer as it does in the winter
- Reduces cooling bills in the hot Denver summers
- Insulates the glass of windows to keep heated and cooled air inside
- Lowers heat transfer from the outside of a homecoming in
- Reduces load on heating and cooling systems
- Lowers the need for HVAC system repairs
All of this adds up to less money coming out of your pocket each month to pay for heating and/or cooling. In fact, Thinsulate lowers energy bills by up to 10%. This means for many, 3M Thinsulate pays for itself in less than 3 years.
Here at Denver Home Window Tinting, we recommend many window films for various applications. In the instance of home energy-savings, 3M Thinsulate is among the very best and one we endorse time and time again. Contact us today to learn more about this film and others that are proven to save Denver homeowners money!
Defend Your Denver Home with UV Blocking Window FilmOctober 9, 2020 in Residential Window Film, UV Protection Tint
You’ve probably worked hard to make sure that your home is safe and secure. Perhaps you’ve invested in some heavy duty locks for your entry doors or maybe you’ve gone a step further by having a home security system installed. Continue reading »
How Do I Stop Birds From Flying Into My Denver Home Windows?September 1, 2020 in Aggrigate, Bird Strike Prevention Films
Bird strikes on windows are a very common problem worldwide. In fact, over a billion birds are killed each year by these tragic accidents. It is especially common in the commercial sector because of the size and breadth of the windows on these structures. However, what many people don’t know is that birds run into home windows too. This is a shame since here in Denver we have many wonderful birds to watch and many of us even set up feeders and baths so we can enjoy them in our yard. This, sadly, brings birds closer to our home windows and therefore closer to danger. The good news is–there is a way to keep birds from flying into the windows in your backyard so you can enjoy these lovely creatures and know they are safe.
Making Windows Visible to Birds
As it turns out, the reason birds run into the windows of Denver homes is because they can’t see them. To a bird, the reflection of the sky in windows is indecipherable from the actual sky. Therefore, they fly into windows believing it is open air. So. the key to stopping birds from flying into home windows is making them visible to the birds. This can be done with bird safety decals.
What Are Bird Safety Decals?
Sometimes called fretted films or birdstrike films these revolutionary “decals” keep birds from collisions with windows. Essentially they are clear films that cover your entire window. They are embedded with a tiny dotted pattern visible to birds. These dots are barely visible to humans but the birds perceive them as objects in the way of their flight–like a fence or netting. The dots are spaced so that birds will not try to fly through the pattern either. This means our avian friends avoid the windows and are safe enjoying the birdfeed and baths you put out for them. Plus, you get some of the benefits of window film for your home like UV protection–a real win-win.
8 Ways to Save the Most Money on Utilities During A Heat-WaveJuly 17, 2020 in Aggrigate, Energy Efficient Window Tinting
This summer in Denver is a real scorcher. As it were, we are all spending a lot more time at home too. These two factors have probably been driving your home cooling bills through the roof. Believe us–you are not alone! This is why we at Denver Home Window Tinting made an exhaustive list on how to save the most money on cooling as possible during these trying times.
- Keep an Eye on Your Thermostat: In the heat of the summer–it is important to keep a close eye on your thermostat if you have central a/c. A 78-degree setting is actually the best setting when it comes to your Denver home being energy efficient. In fact, this will save you 20% over a lower 72-degree setting!
- Use Fans in Every Room: If you are setting your thermostat to 78-degrees, you still may want the interior of your home a bit cooler. Using fans in every room possible works the same way as wind chill–it lowers the feel of the ambient temperature dramatically.
- Open the Windows: You don’t want to open your windows in the heat of the day and let out the air you paid to cool. But after an evening storm or on one of our cool Denver nights–a fan and an open window will cost you less than running the a/c.
- Stop Using Incandescent Light Bulbs: Although incandescent lights only generate a little bit of heat–every small corner you can cut will save you money on cooling bills during the summer. Using LED cuts back on ambient heat and use less electricity overall.
- Lower the Use of Heat Generating Appliances: Dryers, ovens, dishwashers and even microwaves all release heat into your Denver home. During the summer, you will save money on cooling simply by doing something everyone loves (and is delicious) throwing food on the outdoor barbeque as much as possible.
- Maintain Your Cooling Equipment: A/C and central air units both work harder when filters are clogged or covered. dust and grime. Cleaning your units frequently and making sure repairs are done can cut cooling costs by 10-15%.
- Have Window Film Installed: One of the best ways to lower cooling bills in the summer and save loads of cash in the winter too–is by having energy-efficient window film for your Denver home. It has a slew of other benefits that come along with it too–read about those in our window film benefits blog here.
- Keep Curtains and Shades Closed: While window film is fantastic for lower cooling bills and reducing heat in your home, Keeping curtains and shades drawn on any window will further reduce solar heat gain–especially on these 100 degree days we are seeing lately in Denver
While it will take each of the strategies to save the most money on your utilities in the heat of the Denver summer–window film is likely one of the most effective of all of these solutions. Contact us here at Denver Home Window Tinting for more details and to get pricing.
Energy-Efficient Security Window Film Options for Denver HomesMay 19, 2020 in Aggrigate, Safety And Security Window Film
With many Denver homeowners spending a lot more time at home, it can be easy to start thinking of different ways to enhance your residential property. A great way to lower stress levels and save money is finding a multi-purpose, versatile solution for investing in your home. Finding something that optimizes both security and comfort can be a wonderful way to gain peace of mind. Energy-efficient security window film provides the best of both worlds while helping you save money.
The Benefits of Energy-Efficient Security Window Film for Your Denver Home
Energy-efficient security window film provides a way to protect your home from burglaries, home invasions, severe weather, natural disasters, vandalism, freak accidents, and more. By mitigating broken glass hazards, you’ll keep your loved ones safe from serious injury and blast-related death. Security film always provides the benefit of providing precious time in the event of a break-in. This extra time allows you and your family to better escape or hide until the police arrive. The energy-saving benefits of this window film provide a great ROI for lowering your monthly energy costs. Eliminate hot/cold spots while creating consistent temperatures throughout your home. If you’re looking for other benefits like UV protection and glare reduction, there are certain energy-efficient security window films that can provide an all-in-one solution.
Work with Denver’s Leading Energy-Efficient Security Window Film Contractor
Denver Home Window Tinting is honored to be the leading energy-efficient security window film contractor serving the Colorado area. We’ve partnered with all the best window film manufacturers to ensure we have all the leading options for your home. We’re available during our normal business hours and are providing virtual consultations to discuss all of your project needs.
For more information regarding energy-efficient security window film options for your Denver home, please contact us!
COVID-19, Slow The Spread in Denver Communities With Social Distancing GraphicsApril 22, 2020 in Uncategorized
After nearly 1 month of Denver residents being stuck in their homes, the “stay at home” order seems to finally be coming to an end. Residents are excited to get back into the city, and businesses are equally as excited to once again open their doors for business. Although this is an exciting time for local businesses, the pressure is on for them to provide a safe environment to the community. With new health and safety regulations being issued, it is up to businesses to successfully comply and implement these regulations. We are here to explain how our safety evaluations and social distancing graphics can help businesses seamlessly comply with new regulations, protect their community, and limit liability for potential lawsuits. Through targeting high risk areas and safety hazards, we can provide your business with the proper warnings, procedural guidelines, and reminders that will allow for a safe and successful business operation during COVID-19.
Keep Your Denver Business Safe and Compliant
Our Safety solutions are completely customizable and tailored to the specific needs of your business. Evaluations are thorough and graphic installations are quick. Our professional team can seamlessly install and remove graphics from virtually any surface, including metal, wood, glass, carpet, concrete, and so much more. Because these plans are so versatile, they allow for your business to quickly adapt to any new, local or federal regulation that may be issued. By clearly setting warnings, reminders and procedural guidelines, social distancing graphics may be the best solution for your business to protect itself and our Denver community.
Bathroom, Hand Washing Reminders:
Aisles and Walk Way, Directional Graphics:
Comply with safety regulations by clearly directing foot traffic throughout your facility.
Check-Out Line Graphics:
Enforce appropriate social distancing in check-out lines.
Install caution/ warning signs for mandatory mask areas, and other reminders.
Colorado’s Trusted Film Experts Can Work For Your Business.
Denver Home Window Tinting is dedicated to the safety of our Colorado communities. Because of this, we have decided to offer free virtual consultations and remain open during normal business hours. Nothing would make us happier than providing your business with a tailored safety solution to protect you, your employees, and your customers. Protect your community and limit liability today, with our safety evaluation and social distancing graphics.
For more information on social distancing surface graphics and safety evaluations, please contact us!
Keep Your Loved Ones Safe with Security Window FilmApril 20, 2020 in Aggrigate, Safety And Security Window Film
With many of us staying at home more, it can be easy thinking of different ways to improve the safety and comfort of your Denver home. When it comes to achieving peace of mind, having better security measures in place can definitely help. For the most vulnerable areas of your property, the glass doors and windows, there are very limited security options. Security bars are not ideal for residential properties and offer numerous disadvantages. Security window film offers a great, cost-effective way to defend your home.
The Benefits of Security Window Film for Your Denver Home
Security window film provides all-inclusive protection against home invasions, robberies, natural disasters, freak accidents, severe weather, and more. This innovative, thick layer of protection works by bonding glass fragments together after an impact. By keeping glass together, it mitigates the risk of broken glass hazards which is actually the leading cause of significant injury and blast-related death. It also makes cleanup safer and easier after an event. Security window film provides invisible protection and remains “on” 24/7 for a great passive security system option. By making it considerably more difficult to gain access to your home, intruders are often deterred from breaking it. Security film also provides precious time for you and your family to better hide or escape until the police arrive.
Work with Denver’s Number One Security Window Film Contractors
Denver Home Window Tinting is honored to be the number one security window film contractor serving the Denver metro area. Our team is available remotely and is offering virtual consultations. We can help you with all of your security needs from the safety and comfort of your own home. We have the largest selection of residential security film, ensuring we’ll have the right investment for you.
For more information regarding security window film, please contact us!
How Security Film Protects Homes From More Than Just Break-InsMarch 24, 2020 in Aggrigate, Safety And Security Window Film
Denver is a pretty safe city to live in and raise a family. But, like any city in the US, crime is still an issue. The biggest crime that residents of Denver face are break-ins to their homes. A way to protect against this is with security window film. It is a way to slow down or stop an intruder altogether. It works because it takes multiple blows to penetrate which often deters burglars. But, as you will see, there are other benefits to security window film for Denver homes as well.
Additional Benefits of Security Film for Denver homeowners
Security film is a powerful way to protect your home from crimes of theft and there are a bunch of other important benefits from these films too.
Security Film Protects From Accidents in Homes
Any area in your Denver home with glass in it has the potential for an unfortunate accident. Glass by staircases, showers, pools or very large plate glass windows are all intrinsically dangerous. Should someone fall into them–they could sustain life-threatening injuries. When security and safety window film is applied to these windows it keeps glass safely adhered to the film. It works so well that security films can be used as a workaround for tempered glass to bring your home up to code.
Security Film Protects From Natural Disasters
When a natural disaster strikes, one of the biggest sources of injury to humans is from glass. From tornados to earthquakes– glass tends to break during natural disasters. Typically it explodes outward and harms bystanders. Not when the glass is treated with security window film though. The glass stays safely adhered to these films in tiny shards where it cannot hurt anyone.
Security Film Protects from UV Exposure
Most people don’t realize that the rays of the sun beaming into their homes can be a cause of illness and disease. From migraines to melanomas–unchecked UV rays are a real danger. Security window film blocks 99.9 % of these rays from entering into your home. Keeping your family healthier and better protected from some types of skin and eye cancers.
For more information on safety window film for your Denver home contact us at Denver Home Window Tinting today!
Understanding The Benefits of Safety and Security Window FilmMarch 4, 2020 in Aggrigate, Safety And Security Window Film
A good way to keep your Denver business protected from crime is safety and security window film. Robberies are one of the biggest problems brick and mortar businesses face. Typically, these are things like “smash and grabs”. This is when an intruder breaks a window of a business and quickly scoops us as many valuables as they can. Security window film prevents this type of crime because it takes away a burglar’s ability to quickly break the window. With safety and security window film, the glass stays adhered to the film–making it all but impossible for a fast and quiet entry. But, what most people don’t realize is–there are other many benefits associated with security film.
The Lesser-Known Benefits of Safety and Security Film
When it comes to safety and security film–its power to prevent smash and grab crimes is unparalleled and proven. But there are more benefits to these types of film than one may imagine.
- Safety Window Film Protects Against Natural Disasters: When the powerful Denver winds start blowing–one of the greatest threats to humans safety is glass from shattered windows. Just like the glass stays soundly adhered to safety window film during a burglary, so too does it stay in place even against when struck by flying debris.
- Safety Window Film Is a Work Around For Tempered Glass: When a commercial space gets renovated, there are almost lways other updates that need to be done to bring the location up to code. One common update that is required is–safety glass installed in existing glass windows or doors. Replacing the full panels of glass is very expensive and time-consuming. So, instead of replacing the entire panel of glass, commercial building owners can have safety and security films applied. This is a workaround to bring it up to code. And, will save commercial investors a good amount of time and money.
- Safety Window Film Protects From UV Exposure: The rays of the sun here in Denver are strong due to our high altitude. This means heat transmits inside buildings and harmful UV rays bombard residents as well. But, when you treat the windows of your Denver commercial space with safety window film you essentially get a 2-for-1. You get a film that will stop flying glass and block 99% of harmful UV rays.
There is a lot more to safety window film than meets the eye! To learn more and for pricing for your Denver commercial space or home contact us at Denver Home Window Tinting today!