Working from home has its pros and cons. On one hand, it’s nice to hang out in your sweatpants all day and not have to worry about driving in traffic. On the other hand, it can be challenging to stay productive with so many distractions around you. Continue reading »
One of the most frequent questions we get here at Denver Home Window Tinting is about the life of window tinting–how long it will stay on windows. This information is important for those who want to accurately calculate the potential ROI. As it stands–window film is a very durable product. One that will likely last 10 years or more depending on some factors that influence the duration of window film on windows.
Factors That Influence the Life of Window Film
- The Location of the Film: Window film is great to curb intense sun exposure–for years. But it is important to understand that in high altitude areas, like Denver, or on windows that get a lot of sun (those that face south or west) window film will wear down faster. These windows will need window tinting replacement before others. But remember–the windows that need film are the exact ones that are earning you the most ROI through energy savings.
- The Quality of the Film: When it comes to solar films, polyester films are affordable and work relatively well in residential applications. However, they are not nearly as resistant to damage from scratches as more expensive films–therefore won’t last as long. Ceramic window films are more expensive and therefore more durable. The fact of the matter is nearly every window film at a higher price point will be of better quality. Most likely, the more you spend per foot–the longer lifespan and/or warranty.
- The Skill of the Installer: You could try to DIY your window tinting on your Denver home windows. But be warned– it will probably mean a shorter lifespan and a lot of work for you. You will likely get some bubbling too. More importantly, this process nulls the warranty too. In the long run, doing it yourself ends up with expensive consequences. By hiring a professional (one that is approved by the window film brand manufacturer) you ensure the correct adhesion and a flawless look. Also, you will likely get two warranties–installer and manufacturer.
3 Reasons to Install Privacy Window Tinting In Denver HomesJanuary 6, 2021 in Aggrigate, Privacy Window Film
When it comes to keeping your home comfortable and productive, you’ll need to ensure all of your essential property needs are being met. With more of us spending time at home, it can be easy to notice privacy concerns that you weren’t aware of before. Privacy concerns can compromise your residence’s comfort, safety, and productivity. In order to address this, an effective solution is in order. When it comes to privacy solutions, the leading recommendation is privacy window tinting. Here are the benefits of privacy window tinting for Denver homes.
The Benefits of Privacy Window Tinting for Your Denver Home
- Maintain natural sunlight and customize lighting needs: Unlike other privacy solutions, privacy window tinting can help maintain natural sunlight. Homeowners can decide on what level of natural light transmissions is best for their property. This provides a highly customizable solution that won’t completely block out natural light, keeping your home bright and welcoming.
- Effective solution for improving privacy: Privacy window tinting provides a highly effective way to block unwanted views into your property. By obstructing unwanted views while keeping the view from inside out optically clear, property owners can enjoy true privacy. Make sure unwanted views into your home are addressed with window film.
- Transform the look of your building: Privacy window films are available in a wide variety of finishes, hues, colors, and reflective properties. This provides the opportunity to transform your building’s exterior. Whether you’d like a more subtle look or a highly reflective aesthetic, you can decide on your home’s appearance.
Work With Denver’s Leading Privacy Window Tinting Contractor
Denver Home Window Tinting is honored to be the leading privacy window tinting contractor serving the state of Colorado. Our team is happy to help you improve the comfort, safety, and privacy of your home. For more information, please contact us!
How to Save Money With UV Protection Window Film for Denver PropertiesDecember 19, 2020 in UV Protection Tint
Owning a property in Denver can be a challenge. This is especially true in during the summer months. You might be hesitant to use air conditioning after seeing a sudden rise in your utility bill. You shouldn’t have to suffer in the heat out of fear of staggering costs. UV protection window film can offer a solution. Continue reading »
Does Energy Efficient Window Film Save Denver Homes Money?December 17, 2020 in Aggrigate, Energy Efficient Window Tinting
One question we get a lot from Denver homeowners is–does window tint really save me money? The answer is–in our experience and that of all of our customers–yes. There are also many studies showing that window film puts money back in people’s pockets each year– and as little as three years. Not only does window film save you money, but there are also three ways it does so. In order to better understand all the ways window film will help your Denver home be more efficient and save you money.
The three ways energy-efficient window film saves homeowners money
- Energy Efficient Window Film Saves Homeowners on Heating and Cooling Bills: Owning a home is costly. As any homeowner knows, there is always something that needs to be updated that will cost money. So, saving on utility bills saves you money for other repairs and improvements. Energy-efficient window film which drastically reduces solar heat gain– lower cooling bills. It also increases insulation– lowering heating bills. In fact, it could save you up to 15% on your utility bills each year and also qualify you for tax rebates. Best of all, it has a quick ROI–paying for itself in as little as three years!
- Energy Efficient Window Films Saves Homeowners on HVAC Repairs: Repairs to heating and cooling systems are incredibly expensive. So not putting too much strain on your HVAC systems is a good idea. When heated and cooled air escapes out untreated windows it causes these systems to work harder. When heating and cooling systems are overworked, they simply break down faster. This means more frequent and costly repairs. When you have energy-efficient window film installed, it also reduces the load on your HVAC system–saving you on these repairs.
- Energy Efficient Window Film Saves Homeowners on Lighting Bills: Most energy-efficient window films are designed to save you money by insulating or reducing solar heat gain. There are, however, window films engineered to manipulate sunlight too. These films, called daylight redirecting films, Have the added benefit of cutting back on lighting costs. This reduces the need for light inside your building by sending sunlight deeper inside your structure. This saves you even more money in lighting bills.
Here at Denver Home Window Tinting, we carry numerous energy-efficient films from those that cut back on glare to those that read direct sunlight further into your Denver home. Contact us to schedule a free on-site estimate for your home and start saving today!
3 Ways UV Blocking Window Film Can Protect Denver PropertiesDecember 14, 2020 in Aggrigate, UV Protection Tint
Did you know that UV radiation can be more intensive during the winter months? UV rays bounce off of snow on the ground and directly into homes and businesses. With high UV radiation year-round due to our elevation, having an effective protectant is crucial. In order to keep your property safe from permanent sun damage, UV protection is key. UV blocking window film offers a comprehensive solution for keeping Denver properties safe from sun damage and more.
The Benefits of UV Blocking Window Film for Your Denver Property
- Comprehensive fade protection: UV protection window film works by blocking both UVA and UVB rays. It also has solar heat rejection technology for blocking out heat which also plays a role in sun damage. By blocking out 99.9% of harmful UV rays, this innovative film product can keep your furniture, flooring, window treatments, art, and any other expensive valuables in the best condition possible.
- Health protectant: The Skin Cancer Foundation recommends installing this type of window film in all residential and commercial properties to help minimize skin cancer concerns. Overexposure to UV radiation can significantly increase your risk for immune system suppression, skin cancer, cataracts, premature aging, and more. Keep building occupants healthy even when they forget to wear sunscreen indoors.
- Other exclusive benefits: Window film can also deliver other great, exclusive benefits ranging from glare reduction to energy efficiency. Both residential and commercial property owners can find incredible, multi-faceted solutions for improving property function.
Work With Denver’s First-Rated UV Blocking Window Film Contactor
Denver Home Window Tinting is honored to be the first-rated UV blocking window film contractor serving the state of Colorado. Our LEED-certified team is happy to help you find the perfect UV protection option for your home or business. For more information regarding our various window film options, please contact us!
3 Reasons to Install Daylight Redirecting Window Film In Denver OfficesDecember 2, 2020 in Aggrigate, Commercial Window Film
Many of us during COVID are using our homes like offices. Business as usual has put this on hold for a little while and hopefully, we will soon return. So while you use your home dining room or study or even your bedroom as an office–a good improvement to your home’s windows could be Daylight Redirecting WIndow film. This film is commonly applied in office settings in highrises and will have similar helpful effects on your home–where you now spend the majority of your time working. In fact, there are three distinct benefits for your Denver dwelling that we have outlined below.
The Most Important Daylight Redirecting Benefits for Denver Office Spaces
- Increases comfort and attention span: When you work from home sometimes, due to kids, dogs, and dishes (haha) focusing on your work can be tough. The sun shining brightly onto your computer screen doesn’t do you any favors. Daylight redirecting film takes away glare. Meaning one less distraction when you are trying to get things done. Also, daylight redirecting films even out hot and cold spots in your Denver home–so you spend less time putting on sweaters or fiddling with the thermostat.
- Boosts working from home productivity: Just like daylight redirecting film helps you concentrate, it also makes you more productive. Glare is insidious and it may be affecting your performance even if you can’t see it on your computer screen. It causes eye strain and headaches which keep you from working as efficiently as possible and forcing you to take more frequent and longer breaks.
- Saves you money: One of the biggest complaints from people who now work from home in the time of a pandemic is–a sharp increase in energy bills. As it were, daylight redirecting film not only has benefits for your health but also lowers heating and cooling bills. What many people don’t realize about these amazing window films is that they also lower lighting costs too. This is because they direct sunlight deeper into your home–reducing your need to turn on lights in many rooms.
For more information on daylight redirecting films that work best for your Denver office space, contact us today!
3 Reasons to Install Exterior Building Wraps for Denver BusinessesNovember 14, 2020 in Commercial Window Film, Decorative Window Film
Marketing has to be one of the most difficult parts of running a business. It’s also one of the most important. You need marketing in order to spread the word about your business and get noticed by your target audience. At the same time, figuring out what marketing solutions to invest in isn’t always easy. Continue reading »
Save Money in Denver with 3M Thinsulate Window FilmOctober 20, 2020 in Aggrigate, Energy Efficient Window Tinting
Are you shopping for window film for your Denver home in preparation for what has been predicted to be a long cold winter? Or maybe you are sick of high energy bills year-round–which are common in a city like Denver. Regardless of why you are looking to window tinting to solve your home’s energy problems, —3M Thinsulate should be a consideration. While many of the window films in our catalog of products are great for energy savings–3M Thinsulate is a tried and true brand, one made by a leader in the window film industry (3M) known for cutting edge money-saving window film technology.
The Money Saving Benefits Of 3M Thinsulate
3M Thinsulate is our go-to window film for Denver clients that come to us looking for a way to save money. Why? Because it is designed to save homeowners, like yourself, cut down on energy use and therefore energy costs.
3M Thinsulate does this by:
- Works as effectively in the summer as it does in the winter
- Reduces cooling bills in the hot Denver summers
- Insulates the glass of windows to keep heated and cooled air inside
- Lowers heat transfer from the outside of a homecoming in
- Reduces load on heating and cooling systems
- Lowers the need for HVAC system repairs
All of this adds up to less money coming out of your pocket each month to pay for heating and/or cooling. In fact, Thinsulate lowers energy bills by up to 10%. This means for many, 3M Thinsulate pays for itself in less than 3 years.
Here at Denver Home Window Tinting, we recommend many window films for various applications. In the instance of home energy-savings, 3M Thinsulate is among the very best and one we endorse time and time again. Contact us today to learn more about this film and others that are proven to save Denver homeowners money!
Defend Your Denver Home with UV Blocking Window FilmOctober 9, 2020 in Residential Window Film, UV Protection Tint
You’ve probably worked hard to make sure that your home is safe and secure. Perhaps you’ve invested in some heavy duty locks for your entry doors or maybe you’ve gone a step further by having a home security system installed. Continue reading »